BRAC’s Safe Migration Facilitation Programme works to ensure the rights of migrants by creating easy access to services that help them avoid exploitation. Bangladeshi potential migrants often fall victim to fraudulent migration opportunities. The reasons behind that are usually limited access to information, inadequate services from agencies at all levels and lack of proactive policymaking such as social and economic reintegration plans for returnee migrants.
Goal and Objectives
The goal is to ensure safe migration of Bangladeshi migrant workers to restore their rights and dignity. Some specific objectives are:
• Improving the safe migration process at migrant-prone and promoting communities
• Steering a migrant reintegration programme for countrywide replication in future
• Pursuing comprehensive pre-departure, on migration and return services for migrants and their families
• Strengthening the National Alliance for Migrants’ Rights, Bangladesh (NAMR,B)
• Identifying best practices from existing interventions at home and abroad